Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Mountains are Trembling!

Do you know how many Christian songs there are out there about mountains?  A LOT!!!  Do you know how many times the Bible refers to mountains?  A LOT!!!

From Genesis to Revelation, God speaks of the mountains.  Many MAJOR, monumental events took place ON mountains in the Bible!  My absolute favorite verse of all is Matthew 17:20, "He replied, 'Because you have so little faith.  Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move.  Nothing will be impossible for you.'

WE HAVE FAITH!!!  We believe that God is calling us to adopt and through that calling, God is also calling us to MOVE!!!  We need ALL of our prayer warriors to pray like never before.  Major things are happening right now that are monumental on our journey.  I can't help but sing the song "Strange things are happening to me."  If you have ever seen Toy Story, you know what song I'm singing.  "Strange things."  I feel strange.  Like an out of body experience.  It is crazy, this journey that we are on.  But it is amazing too!  

Several of you have asked us, "Did you really mean 'they' when you typed that recently, or was it a typo?"  LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!  We really meant they!  From the very beginning of this journey 16 months ago, Benjamin has said he wanted a boy and Kathryn has said she wanted a girl.  We have said since the beginning, in response to this, "Well, we are not getting 2!"  LOL!  Boy does God have a sense of humor!  We don't know what God is going to give us, but Benjamin and Kathryn have faith that it will be the desires of their hearts!  One of each.  I am not asking or praying for anything specific.  God will give us what we should have.  We have felt lead by God to say that we will accept a sibling group of 2, under the age of 5.  So, we could end up with 2 children that are already siblings under the age of 5 when this is all said and done.  And we are completely at peace about that decision.  God is funny that way.  Do I have moments of, "Oh my gracious, I am going to be a mom of 5!?!"  Oh yes!  But then, I say, WOW, God is blessing us with 5 children.  How amazing!  

So, have you felt the mountains tremble lately?  We have.  We go for our fingerprinting tomorrow at 4:15 in Greenville.  Another step in the process is going to be checked off tomorrow.  After that, we just have to finish filling out the paperwork and go to the training.  There is a LOT of paperwork!  So much so, that I am asking for prayer for this.  My part will be difficult but Chris has to fill out all of the stuff too for himself, his family, and they want it in his handwriting.  He does not like to write.  This will not be easy for him.  Please pray that he will find the motivation and determination to begin and complete it.  Please pray that I will find the time to complete my portion.  

Our house will be in the paper again this Sunday.  It is in the Real Estate Book.  It is online.  Please pray that God leads the right person to our house quickly.  It hasn't even shown once, but we also know that it only needs to show once!  We need it to sell!  

Speaking of that, the house that we have believed that God is leading us to from the very beginning, is officially going on the market this Tuesday!  ***Squeal***  So excited that we finally get to walk inside!  We are going Tuesday at 3!  The bank has already done everything that we would have wanted to do to it.  It is MOVE IN ready and the price is exactly right!!!  God is making it perfect!  We cannot make an offer on it until we have a contract on our house though.  I'm still in shock that God could actually provide this house to us and it is definitely immeasurably more than we could ask or imagine!  God is really showing off!  But OUR GOD IS ABLE!!!  

I know that God's timing is impeccable and perfect.  I know that I serve an amazing God!  I believe with every ounce of my being that He is able!  The reason I know this is because we are NOT!  Within our own abilities, Chris and I could not DO any of this.  It is ALL God!  I love watching Him work.  We are so blessed to have a front row seat on this journey.  

Finally, last prayer request.  I am still doing a long term subbing job.  I have almost completed 4 weeks at this same school in the same class.  It is a true blessing to work there and I am blessed every single day that I get to be with these precious children.  Please pray that God will continue to provide this job until the end of the year.  It would be such a HUGE financial blessing to us.  

There are other unspoken requests but please join us in praying!  We could not walk this journey without each of you.  You are such a blessing to us!  We love you all dearly and appreciate every single word of advice and encouragement!  

In His Grip,
Chris and Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Yay for fingerprinting:) praying the mountains move quickly for you guys!

    ReplyDelete