Saturday, May 11, 2013

It's the Climb

We have some good friends who have a daughter that fought cancer 6 years ago.  We were not friends with them while they battled cancer, however, God brought us together over 3 years ago when our boys played on an All Star Baseball Team together.  We realized then, that we had prayed for that precious girl.  Since then, she has turned into the most beautiful young lady inside and out.  Our daughter, Kathryn, looks up to her and thinks she is just amazing!  She has continued to face mountains as a result of her cancer years ago.  Last year, she sang the song, "The Climb" for a Relay for Life video, shown at my kids school.  My kids came home singing the song and Kathryn put it on her ipod to listen to all the time.  Recently, she has faced another mountain.  We listened to the song today on the way home from a baseball tournament.  The conversation all goes to that precious young lady when the song comes on.  Today, I began to really listen to the song and I realized that the lyrics really relate to all Christians and specifically to our lives right now.  We are watching God move mountains, but we are also climbing them.  If you have a moment, please pray for her tonight.  I'm not putting names on here, due to the high traffic volume, but God knows who she is.  We love you sweet girl!!!!  Here are the lyrics:

I can almost see itThat dream I am dreamingBut there's a voice inside my head saying"You'll never reach it"
Every step I'm takingEvery move I make feelsLost with no directionMy faith is shaking
But I gotta keep tryingGotta keep my head held high
There's always gonna be another mountainI'm always gonna wanna make it moveAlways gonna be a uphill battleSometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get thereAin't about what's waiting on the other sideIt's the climb
The struggles I'm facingThe chances I'm takingSometimes might knock me downBut no, I'm not breaking
I may not know itBut these are the moments thatI'm gonna remember most, yeahJust gotta keep going
And I, I got to be strongJust keep pushing on
'Cause there's always gonna be another mountainI'm always gonna wanna make it moveAlways gonna be a uphill battleSometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get thereAin't about what's waiting on the other sideIt's the climb, yeah!
There's always gonna be another mountainI'm always gonna wanna make it moveAlways gonna be an uphill battleSomebody's gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get thereAin't about what's waiting on the other sideIt's the climb, yeah!

Tonight, we are praying.  We are praying over our upcoming move.  We are praying over the sweet girl mentioned.  We are praying for 2 precious little girls.  We are praying for all of you!  We are so thankful for all of the Mom's in our lives.  My Mom, my mother-in-law, my MamMaw, my Aunt Marsha, Aunt Doris, and Aunt Lisa.  All the mother's in our lives that have already gone to Heaven.  All the mom's that have shaped us and made us who we are!  We are especially thankful to a very special Mom.  That Mom is the one who will give us the gift of her child/children.  This is a gift that we could never repay.  Thank you will never suffice.  Tonight, on Mother's Day Eve, I think of the heart of that Mom.  How much she will sacrifice in order to ensure her child/children's safety, protection, love, and comfort.  What length's will we go to as a Mom to make sure our children are taken care of?  We would die for our children.  
How much more so does our Heavenly Father love us!?!  He loves us so much that He died for us!  He laid His own life down so that we might have life!  And that we would have it abundantly!!!  How amazing is this!?!  I stand in awe!  I'm so thankful for my Savior!  I am so thankful that He blessed me with the ability to be a Mommy to not just my birth children but those He will bless us with through adoption.  
In His Grip!Chris and Elizabeth 



No comments:

Post a Comment